Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Touching Tribute


As many people know, or most of you may not know, I am in school for my M.B.A.  Today in my Consumer Behavior class, while commenting on another students discussion board posting, I was presented with the videos below: 



The prompt was Cause-related Marketing; the question was: "What would happen if a major retailer were to run a national television ad featuring a gay couple?"  Many people spoke about the recent debacle with Chick-Fil-A, including myself, but one student shared the two videos above.  In all honesty, the videos almost brought me to tears.  I am all for equal rights for all people, whether they are gay, straight, tattooed, interracial, etc.  The viral opportunity that Honey Maid jumped on not only got over 7 million views, but was presented in such a great way to show their support for all types of families.

The actual commercial itself was very well done. I'm not sure how it got so much backlash, but I'm very glad to see that it got over 10 times more acceptance. In this day and age, I don't understand how people can be so small minded as to comment out against any differences in people. I know I've been one to call someone stupid, but that's a different aspect than talking about someone's lifestyle.

Regardless, I have much more respect for Honey Maid and Nabisco than I did before.  To those people that disapprove of this type of marketing, they better get used to it. As America becomes more and more acceptable of differing cultures, more and more different marketing styles will expose themselves. 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any and all feedback. Don't be afraid!